Connoisseur Publishing Ltd. (“We” or “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) the data controller is Connoisseur Publishing Ltd. (registered number 05873183) whose registered office is at 72 New Bond St. Mayfair London W1S1RR .
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you: One example of information we collect indirectly is through Internet access logs. When you access the website, your numeric internet address is automatically collected and is placed in our Internet access logs.
On the Connoisseur Magazine website, we provide you with the opportunity to register for various services, register for email newsletters, enter promotions and competitions, complete puzzles, purchase products and participate in online surveys.
Throughout the Connoisseur Magazine Website we give you the opportunity to take up various offers, enter various competitions and promotions and to apply for various information about products and services.
When we collect your information in this way, we will notify you as to how this information will be used. We will also provide you with the opportunity to indicate your preferences as to the use of your information.
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.connoisseurmagazine.co.uk. (the “Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with the Website;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your subscription to our Printed Periodical magazine, orders in our Internet shop, and from third Parties plying Commerce on our Website .,…. And
- details of your visits to the Connoisseur Magazine Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location, data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
When responding to promotions, offers etc. by postcard, if you do not wish for your details to be used by us to send you promotions and offers, please make this clear by stating “No Offers”.
details of your visits to the Connoisseur Magazine Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location, data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, only in order to facilitate system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized services. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize the Connoisseur Magazine Website according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognize you when you return to the Website.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Most of the advertisements you see on the Connoisseur Magazine website are generated by third parties. Some of these third parties generate their own cookies to track how many people have seen a particular advertisement (or use the services of third parties to do this), and to track how many people have seen it more than once. These cookies cannot be used to identify an individual; they can only be used for statistical purposes, for example, in providing you with advertisements that are more relevant to your interests. Some of the information gleaned from third party cookies will be aggregated with other anonymous information for statistical purposes. The third party companies that generate these cookies have their own, very strict, privacy policies but we don’t have access to these cookies; other than allowing them to be served, we have no role to play in these cookies at all (although we may use statistical information arising from these third party cookies and provided to us by third parties, to improve the targeting of advertisements to users of the website).
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
It is the policy of Connoisseur Publishing Ltd to use the services of Pay Pal, where possible.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law. We will not sell or otherwise share your personal information with third parties without your consent except in the following instances:
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send an email to email@example.com.
There will be an administrative charge of £12 for providing a copy of this information.
How do I change my personal details?
We want to ensure that we provide you with the best possible service. Please therefore always keep us updated of any changes to your personal information, for example, if your email addresses changes. You can do this by accessing your account pages on the website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By registering on the website or sending us your personal information by other means, you are indicating your consent for your personal information to be sent and stored outside the EEA.
What does providing us with this information mean?
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Connoisseur Magazine Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interacting features of our service when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information only to our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Connoisseur Publishing Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.