The Drinks Trust- “End of Furlough grant scheme” for those in the Drinks Industry
Dear Readers and Colleagues,
The furlough scheme comes to an end on the 31st of October and is replaced by the Job Support Scheme, but unfortunately, this will not be enough to save many workers jobs in our industry. For those who have lost their jobs in the last four months, or are going through redundancy, The Drinks Trust is here to help.
Those experiencing immediate financial hardship, who have either already been made redundant due to Covid-19 forced closures, or who have recently been made redundant as a result of the end of the furlough scheme, can apply for The Drinks Trust’s End of Furlough Grant.
For those facing severe financial hardship, 500 emergency grants of £250 from The Drinks Trust are now available. Depending on demand and ongoing donations to the charity, more may be made available in coming weeks.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must have worked in the drinks industry sector, in any capacity of it, or within the hospitality industry with drinks for 1-year full time or 2 years part-time, at any point in their career.
- This fund is open to anyone who has recently been made redundant and not yet secured new employment
- Grants will be assessed based on hardship, and The Drinks Trust encourages anyone in challenging financial circumstances to apply, although grants will be prioritised to those with the most challenging circumstances
- Applicants who have already received an emergency financial grant from The Drinks Trust are not eligible this grant
What support is available?
- An emergency financial grant of £250 is available to industry colleagues from any role within the drinks and hospitality drinks industry
- Additionally, a range of wellness services, including free counselling sessions, sleep and insomnia treatment, and mindful drinking courses are available
- There are 500 grants available, so please act quickly
Applications and assessment
- Applications are only taken online through our dedicated form below
- There is no deadline for submission, but currently 500 grants are available, so we advise that you apply now
- Following this, applicants will be requested to upload supporting documents to an encrypted server
- Once the assessment is complete the grant will be paid into a bank account in the applicants’ name
Business are welcome to donate and support The Drinks Trust’s End of Furlough Grant by emailing The Drinks Trust Partnerships Team: email@example.com