22ndAlimentaria “Great Wines for the Most Exclusive Edition of Vinorum Think”
Barcelona, April 2018.- This week the 22nd of Alimentaria will open. Vinorum Think, which is back at Intervin for its second year as a space that encourages debate and sharing of knowledge on Spanish wine and trends, will be presenting and offering tastings of some of the country’s best wines (in Pavilion 3), in “The Expert’s Views”, “Spain’s Top Pairings” and “Open Testing”
- The international experts Jancis Robinson MW, Eric Asimov, Pedro Ballesteros MW and Richard Juhlin, will offer their views on the Spanish wine industry.
- Nick Lander, writer and international food critic, will explore the world’s foremost wine menus and the best wine experiences in the world’s bestrestaur
- The Spain’s Top Pairings space will feature eight legendary food and wine pairings for 150 diners to enjoy each day
- The Experts’ Favourite Wines
Five of the leading international experts will participate in The Ext’s View: Jancis Robinson MW, Eric Asimov, Pedro Ballesteros MW y Richard Juhlin. On Monday 16th at 5pm the renowned critic and writer Jancis Robinson will lead a tasting with some of the products and wineries she has been most impressed with. Her selection is the follwoing: Listan Blanco & Malvasia by Celler Alto de Trevejos, Cantallops Xarel·lo by AT Roca 2016, Finca Calavestra Merseguera 2014 by Mustiguillo, As Sortes 2016 by Rafael Palacios, El Reventón 2015 by Daniel Landi, El Molar 2016 by
Casa Castillo, Sierra Demanda 2014 by Compañía de Vinos del Atlántico, La Condenada 2016, by Artuke, Llanos del Almendro 2012 by Dominio de Atauta, Demencia 2012, Bodegas Demencia de Autor, Grans Muralles 2011 by Familia Torres, Mas Doix 2014, Anayón 1957 by Grandes Vinos andLa Bota delManzanilla no 71 by Equipo Navazos.
Eric Asimov, a New York Times wine and food critic, will be guiding guests through a tasting of several Spanish wines that can seduce even the most demanding American palates, while also addressing the myths surrounding this highly strategic market, on Tuesday the 17th, starting at 5:00 pm. His selection is the following: Ameztoi Getarioko Txakolina 2017 by Txakolí Ameztoi, Recaredo Reserva Particular 2005, Do Ferreiro Cepas Viejas 2016by Gerardo Méndez, Pezas da Portela 2015 by Valdesil, Viña Tondonia Blanco Reserva 2004, Viña Caneiro 2015 byBodega Losada Fernández, Negramoll 2015 by Matías y Torres, La Bruja de Rozas 2016 byComando G, Prado Enea Gran Reserva 2010 byBodegas Muga and La Bota de Manzanilla Pasada 70 by Equipo Navazos.
The first Spanish Master of Wine, Pedro Ballesteros MW, will lead a very exclusive tasting ofwines from the south of Spain. “The magic of the great ‘flor’ wines”, on Wednesday the 18th at 12 noon, will allow guests to enjoy going on a tour of this region through the following wines: Fino Tío Pepe Una Palma by González Byass, Fino Tío Pepe Tres Palmas by González Byass, Flor de Poniente y Flor de Levante by Barbadillo, Gran Barquero Fino en Rama byPérez Barquero, Solera Fina María del VallebyPérez Barquero, 3 Miradas Cerro Macho Skin Contact 2017 by Alvear, 3 Miradas Cerro Macho 2017 by Alvear, Vino en Velo by Daniel Pi, WTF (What the Flor) Gruner Veltliner by Milan Nestarec, Savagin 2014 by Tissot and Malvasia Biologica 2013 by Enric Soler.
Richard Juhlin, one of the most highly renowned champagne experts in the world, will lead a very special session on Cavas de Paraje, a new category created within the Cava DO that is aimed at identifying unique sparkling wines, made with grapes from a specific area that have adhered to specific requirements in terms of yields and processing characteristics. On Wednesday the 18th at 5 pm, he will be unveiling wines by Recaredo, Alta Alella Mirgin, Juvé & Camps, Freixenet, Codorníu, Vins el Cep, Gramona and Sabaté i Coca.
The fifth expert of this cycle is Nick Lander, a food critic for the Financial Times, who will speak on Monday the 16th at noon on the importance of wine in the best restaurants in the world, based on his extensive experience in this sector.
The Pairings Space
Spain’s Top Pairings will be the space dedicated to iconic food and wine pairings designed by the renowned sommelier Ferran Centelles where visitors can enjoy – for the price of €30 – eight tastings served with eight wines. Six of these tastings are presented by leading restaurants and two use only gourmet ingredients.
The complete list of pairings:
- Albariño oysters and Pazo de Señorans Colección 2014. El Celler de Can Roca.
- Marine empanadilla and Puerto Fino, Lustau. Aponiente.
- Coffee and parmesan roll with ExVite Gran Reserva, Llopart. SOFÍA Be So.
- Pressed duck taco and Mas La Plana 2013, Bodegas Torres. Via Veneto.
- Apicius duck and AA Dolç Mataró, ALTA ALELLA. Assortment in tribute to Alain Senderens.
- Charcoal grilles bacon with vine shoots, toasted garlic flakes and chile with Olimpo Privilegio,Vinícola de Castilla. Saffron.
- Acorn-fed Iberian ham Gran Reserva FISÁN añada 2014 with Essential Xarel·lo Brut Reserva,Juvé & Camps.
- Mature smoked CAMPOVEJA cheese with Amontillado Carlos VII, Bodegas Alvear.
New this year: The Open Tasting bar will feature seventy-three wines that have been endorsed and praised by the leading national and international critics. At the Open Tasting, exhibitors will present the following wines to buyers and visitors in an open and dynamic format:
- AA Cau d’En Genís 2017 by Alta Alella Mirgin
- AA Merla 2017 by Alta Alella Mirgin
- Cepas Viejas 2015 by Viñedos y Bodegas Dominio de Tares
- Anayón 2014 by Grandes Vinos y Viñedos
- Ramon Roqueta Insignia 2016 by Ramon Roqueta
- AA Bruant 2015 by Alta Alella Mirgin
- AA Mirgin Laietà Rosé Gran Reserva 2014 by Alta Alella Mirgin
- Cava Aurelia Brut Nature Gran Reserva 2014 by Castell d’Age
- Ars Collecta Jaume Codorníu Gran Reserva 2012 by Codorníu
- Elyssia Pinot Noir by Freixenet
- Essential Brut Reserva 2015 by Juvé & Camps
- Gran Juvé Camps Brut Gran Reserva 2013 by Juvé & Camps
- Leopardi Gran Reserva Brut Nature by Llopart
- Uvae Rimarts by Rimarts
- Núria Claverol Homenatge 2014 by Sumarroca
- Brut Nature 2014 by Sumarroca
- Abadia de Poblet Negre 2015 by Abadia de Poblet
- Cara Nord Negre 2015 by Cara Nord
- Milmanda 2014 by Familia Torres
- Purgatori 2014 by Família Torres
- Raimat Boira 2017 by Raimat
- Finca Barqueres 2015 by Tomàs Cusiné
- Finca Olivardots Vermell 2014 by Vinyes d’Olivardots
- Agerre 2017 by Txakoli Agerre
- San Martín 2016 by Txakoli Agerre
- La Doncella de las Viñas Chardonnay 2017 by Familia Conesa-Pago Guijoso
- Finca Los Halcones Edición Limitada 2015 by Vega Tolosa
- 3 Miradas 2016 by Alvear
- Fino Capataz by Alvear
- Pedro Ximénez de Añada 2015 by Alvear
- El Beso de las Uvas 2016 by World Fruits Company, Familia Conesa-Pago Guijoso
- Reserva Martí 2011 by Albet i Noya
- Miranius 2017 by Celler Credo
- La Maca 2017 by Gramona
- Xarel·lo Font Jui 2015 by Gramona
- Durona Blanc 2016 by MontRubí
- Gaintus Radical 2017 by MontRubí
- Gaintus Vertical 2010 by MontRubí
- Montrubí Mac 2017 by MontRubí
- Hisenda Miret 2015 by Parès Baltà
- Bòria 2013 by Sumarroca
- Utòpic 2015 by Sumarroca
- Abadal Picapoll 2017
- Scala Dei Cartoixa 2015 by Cellers Scala Dei
- Les Crestes 2016 by Mas Doix
- Salanques 2015 by Mas Doix
- Centola 2016 by Félix Solís Avantis
- Pazo de Señorans 2017 by Pazo de Señorans
- Gotas de Mar Godello 2015 by Hammeken Cellars
- Rento 2014 by Bodegas Carlos Moro
- Corimbo 2013 by Bodegas La Horra
- Corimbo I 2012 by Bodegas La Horra
- Expresión 2012 by Bodegas Resalte de Peñafiel
- Vendimia Seleccionada 2015 by Bodegas Resalte de Peñafiel
- Dominio del Pidio 2014 by Cillar de Silos
- Torresilo 2015 by Cillar de Silos
- Aventino 200 Barricas 2011 by Hammeken Cellars
- Páramos de Legaris 2014 by Legaris
- Condado de Oriza 409 2014 by Pagos de Rey
- Viña Pomal Gran Reserva 2011 by Bodegas Bilbaínas
- CM 2015 by Bodegas Carlos Moro
- Licenciado Reserva 2013 by Bodegas de Familia Burgo Viejo
- El Cuarto 2015 by Bodegas Patrocinio
- Bodegas Roda Sela 2015 by Bodegas Roda
- Honorable 2014 by Gómez Cruzado
- Carlos Moro Finca las Marcas 2016 by Bodegas Carlos Moro
- De Alberto Dorado by Hijos de Alberto Gutiérrez
- Lafou El Sender 2016 by Lafou Celler
- Juan Rojo 2014 by Bodegas y Pagos de Matarredonda
- Caprasia Bobal 2015 by Bodegas Vegalfaro
- Cumal 2015 by Dominio Dostares
- Palacio Quemando la Zarcita 2016 by Palacio Quemado
The programme for this year’s Vinorum Think 2018 has been designed with a clear objective: to turn the fair into an international benchmark for Spanish wine.
To reserve your place:
Sign up for The Expert’s View (free): email@example.comBuy tickets to Spain’s Top Pairings:https://registration.firabarcelona.com/#/tickets/selection